fire fighting equipment training
TLIF2018 Operate fire fighting equipment
This training is designed to familiarise employees with the fire fighting equipment provided in their workplace. It is important that ALL personnel are able to operate this equipment in the case of an emergency. In accordance with the WHS Act 2011 and WHS Regulation 2017 under Duty of Care, an employer must provide employees with instruction, training and supervision in the safe operation of any equipment used in the workplace. In addition, WHS Regulation 2017, requires an employer to provide for emergencies.
At the completion of this course, participants should:
know the correct procedures for reporting an emergency
know the evacuation procedures
be able to identify correct fire fighting equipment for situations
use the fire fighting equipment provided in the workplace
understand how to treat burns in an emergency
All workers at all levels in the workplace
Course participants will acquire the information, skills and confidence to
- act responsibly in case of fire
- ascertain the type of equipment best suited to contain and extinguish the fire
- behave in the best interest of all concerned in an emergency
- Emergencies in the workplace
- Reporting an emergency
- What to do in the event of a fire
- Providing First Aid at work
- Fire Video
- Identification of fire extinguishers
- First Aid for burns
- Evacuation procedures
Duration of the Course
Approximately three hours including theory and practical training.
Each participant receives theory and practical training and a handbook. A Statement of Attainment and our photo *Skills Card is provided for each successful participant.
* A Skills Card will only be issued if suitable photos of participants are provided.
(Allowing extra time on the day, photos may be taken by the Trainer.)
Call us today to see how we can support your training needs and to provide you with a corporate deal