hazardous substances awareness
TLID2003 Handle dangerous goods / hazardous substances
The purpose of this training is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to apply the provisions of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and Regulation 2017 with regard to hazardous substances and, in the context of their work, assist in implementing the processes and activities required by the legislation to remove or reduce the risks associated with working with hazardous substances in the workplace. It also aims to develop the appropriate attitudes needed to enable participants to be effectively involved in the process of hazardous substances management, including identification, assessment and control of risks.
At the completion of this training, participants should be able to:
- Understand the health and safety effects relating to the use of hazardous substances.
- Participate in hazard identification, risk assessment and control as it relates to hazardous substances.
- Identify hazards relating to hazardous substances and associated tasks in the workplace.
- Assess risks relating to the use of hazardous substances and associated tasks in the workplace.
- Control risks relating to hazardous substances and associated tasks in the workplace.
Duration: 4 hours
A Certificate of Attendance along with our Photo *Skills Card is provided by Safetalk for each successful participant.
* A Skills Card will only be issued if suitable photos of participants are provided.
(Allowing extra time on the day, photos may be taken by the Trainer.)
Call us today to see how we can support your training needs and to provide you with a corporate deal