health and safety representative hsr training
If you are elected or wish to be a Health and Safety Representative in your workplace, this SafeWork NSW approved course will give you the skill and knowledge to be an effective member who can be of practical assistance in improving the safety and efficiency of your workplace. It will also give you the authority to issue PIN (Provisional Improvement Notices) when necessary and the knowledge on when and why you may need to do this.
As an elected HSR this 5-day course will provide you with information and skills required under the new legislation including:
- an understanding of the requirements of the new WHS legislation;
- an understanding of how it applies to your role as elected HSR; and
- the knowledge and skills necessary to use your new powers under
- the new WHS legislation in issuing Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) and directing unsafe work to cease
This course is intended to assist HSRs to understand how the legislation will influence health and safety outcomes in your workplace.
The unit of competency TLIF1001 Follows work health and safety procedures has been added to give you further depth to the SafeWork NSW qualification. This very applicable unit will further enhance the skills and knowledge you will gain by participating in this course.
- Work Health and Safety Framework
- Consultation, Representation and Participation
- Issue Resolution, Support for HSRs and Managing Risks
- Inspections, Notifiable Incidents and Incident Investigation
- Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) and directing unsafe work to cease
Course content is approved by SafeWork NSW and conforms to the Work Health and Safety Act 2011. The course is delivered by SafeWork NSW approved trainers and is nationally recognised.
Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a:
- SafeWork NSW Certificate
- Statement of Attainment for the unit BSBWHS407 Monitor a safe workplace
- Photo* Skills Card
* A Skills Card will only be issued if suitable photos of participants are provided.
(Allowing extra time on the day, photos may be taken by the Trainer.)
Training at your premises for groups of 6 or more
You must provide identification containing your name, photo and signature prior to course commencement.
Course Length: 5 Days. WorkCover stipulates the course must take 7 hours each day including breaks.
The cost is negotiable dependent upon the number of participants and other relevant factors.
Call us today to see how we can support your training needs and to provide you with a corporate deal