Next Course is on: 8th April 2020
CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
This training is mandatory for people working in the building and construction industry. Commonly referred to in NSW as a ‘white card’ this construction induction training is mandated by SafeWork NSW to be conducted in face-to-face training over a period of not less than 6 hours.
A nationally recognized Statement of Attainment will be issued on the day to each successful participant along with a Statement of Training from SafeWork NSW. These two certificates will allow you to work on site immediately.
The card subsequently issued by SafeWork NSW is nationally recognized. It will be mailed directly to each individual by SafeWork NSW.
If you are working (or planning to work) in the building and construction industry, landscaping, lawn mowing, maintenance, fencing, roofing, etc. you are required to undergo this training and show the card on demand. The same applies if you work in other related industries such as Real Estate where you enter areas under construction or renovation. Architects, tradesmen, road workers, office workers, truck drivers and plant operators must have a white card to enter a construction zone, regardless of the reason.
Beware of companies offering online training as this contravenes the training requirements by the Australian Safety Council and SafeWork NSW. SafeWork NSW does not issue cards for online training.
Upon successful completion of the course you will receive:
- SafeWork NSW Statement of Training
- WHS Induction Construction credit-card sized card mailed from SafeWork NSW
- A Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency, CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- Required to work or enter any building or construction site in Australia
- Required to work in Traffic Control
- SafeWork NSW certificate issued on the day when training is conducted
- Statement of Attainment issued on the day when training is conducted
- 1-day training
- Onsite and offsite training available
Course Content – you will learn all about:
- Identify WHS legislative requirements
- Identify construction hazards and control measures
- Identify WHS communication and reporting processes
- Identify WHS incident and emergency response procedures
- Nominal course duration: 6 hours
You must fulfil the 100 points identification requirements prior to attending this course. For information on the Identification requirements please refer to the Evidence of Identity Form.
If you are a resident of NSW, you must obtain your white card from SafeWork NSW. Cards obtained online are from either Queensland or Western Australia and may not be accepted on some work sites.
Call us today to see how we can support your training needs and to provide costs. These may vary depending on the number of attendees