TLIF1001 Follow work health and safety procedures
The Work Health and Safety Committee training is designed to equip participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively perform the functions of WHS committee members. It also gives participants an understanding of the principles of systematic management of health and safety and the necessary skills to actively participate in this process.
The course aims to familiarise participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to apply the principles of WHS consultation as an integral part of an effective WHS management system (WHSMS). The course also promotes the development of positive thinking and planning to ensure WHS committee members can effectively carry out their functions under the WHS Act 2011 and WHS Regulation 2017.
The course is designed to be interactive, stimulating and supportive. The trainer will ensure that the learning environment is one in which participants feel free to express and discuss their views.
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Overview of Effective Management of WHS
- The Role of WHS Consultation in the Workplace
- WHS Legislation
- Responsibilities in the Workplace
- WHS Legislation and Consultation
- Role and Functions of WHS Committees
- Effective Consultation in the Workplace
- Effective Communication Techniques
- Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution
- Report Preparation and Presentation
- Systematic Management of Health and Safety
- Risk Management
- Safety Management Systems
- Risk Management Exercises
- Continuous Improvement of WHS Systems
- Continuous Learning, Certification and Evaluation
The course will be conducted over three days. In general, this will include one of the following variations:
- Three consecutive days within one week
- One day per week over three consecutive weeks
Should an applicant not attend all days as scheduled from which he/she originally commenced the course, it is permitted to attend a subsequent Committee Course to ‘make up’ the missed day(s). HOWEVER, a daily pro rata fee will apply for each ‘make up’ day attended.
A Statement of Attainment and our Photo* Skills Card is issued to each successful participant.
* A Skills Card will only be issued if suitable photos of participants are provided.
(Allowing extra time on the day, photos may be taken by the Trainer.)
Note: EVIDENCE of IDENTITY (EOI) is required on the first day of training, e.g. drivers’ licence
Call us today to see how we can support your training needs